Apples are healthy, delicious, and come in many colors and sizes. Apples are one of the most popular and recognizable fruits in the world.
Not only do humans enjoy them, but so do deer!
Deers are able to eat apples. They enjoy the fresh, crisp taste, which also contains numerous minerals and vitamins for their overall health.
There is no doubt that apples are one of the healthiest fruits out there. Even animals are able to enjoy this tasty treat.
In addition to their fresh taste, apples provide various beneficial nutrients including the following:
- Potassium (Regulates body fluids, may reduce blood pressure, and could prevent certain diseases.)
- Fiber (Decreases chances of constipation, as well as maintains bowel health.)
- Antioxidants (May aid in cell health, could prevent certain diseases and cancers.)
- Overall health (May protect against heart disease, and protect blood vessels.)
Deer may eat a wide spectrum of apples when they are in season as a fun and decadent treat. Below are the most common apples and their benefits.
Red apples contain a high amount of antioxidants, they may have a sweeter taste and include many health benefits such as:
- Antioxidants (May lower risks of many diseases, as well as protects cells from harm.)
- Vitamin B6 (May increase mood, promote brain health, and reduces the risk of certain diseases.)
- Vitamin K (Promotes bone metabolism, and growth.)
- Vitamin C (May reduce high blood pressure, boosts immunity, and may prevent iron deficiency.)
Green apples are typically more bitter in taste but are higher in proteins and potassium. Below are the most common and effective benefits that accompany these tasty fruits.
- Protein (Helps repair body tissues, important in building bones and muscle strength.)
- Potassium (May reduce blood pressure, as well as water retention.)
- Iron (Used in growth and development for the body, aids in the making of hormones.)
- Vitamin K (Regulates blood calcium levels, aids in bone metabolism.)
How many apples should you feed a deer?
There is no limit to the number of apples that deer can enjoy. These vivacious animals are able to eat over 30 large apples daily with ease.
Nevertheless, this could potentially lead to digestive issues. It is safe to feed a deer one apple cut into small slices to avoid choking and overeating.
If the deer continues to appear hungry you may give them one to two more.
These slices should be given from a distance as to not startle the deer and allow them to safely and comfortably eat their snack!
|Cherries||Contains vitamin C, as well as protects the heart from disease. Contains antioxidants and may improve sleep.|
|Plums||May relieve constipation, promote bone health, and may lower blood pressure.|
|Pumpkins||Contains vitamins C, E, folate, iron and may even protect cells and improve the immune system.|
|Watermelon||Helps maintain hydration levels, may improve heart health, may relieve muscle soreness, and may help prevent certain cancers.|
|Tomatoes||Rich in vitamin C, A, and K. May protect the body from infection and is a good source of potassium.|
|Pears||May boost heart health, promote a healthy gut, are highly nutritious, and may contain anti-inflammatory properties.|
The information provided above is not a suitable replacement for medical advice. If you see a deer in need of medical attention by displaying odd or abnormal behavior, it is important to call a veterinarian or wildlife specialist right away to ensure they get the best help and care.